Most of the time life goes really well, but sometimes it can be challenging.
Most of the time, you can get through these challenges with support from friends and family, but sometimes you may prefer to seek professional support from someone who is trained to help; someone who can be objective and non-judgemental; someone outside of your normal social network; someone who has your best interests at heart; someone who is willing to listen and give you the time you need to find a way through your difficulties.
If you’re tired of the way things are, and if you’re looking for proven strategies along with encouragement and support, then Finding Balance Psychology and Counselling is here to help.
We’re here to help
At Finding Balance Psychology and Counselling, we have the skills and experience to offer psychological counselling to all members of your family:
What we can help with
We provide psychological treatment for a wide range of issues such as restricvitve eating, over eating and comfort eating, weight or body image concerns, anxiety and worry, negativity, sadness and depression, stress and relationship issues.
Please note that we don’t offer counselling, assessment or reports for legal matters of any kind, and we don’t provide academic or learning assessments.
Our therapy styles
We use a variety of mindfulness-based therapies such as
- mindful eating / intuitive eating / health at every size programs for distress around eating, weight or body image
- mindfulness -based cognitive behavioural therapy (MBCBT)
- acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- other cognitive-behavioural therapies (CBT)
as well as
- solution-focused therapy
- Gottman Relationship Therapy for couples
- 1-2-3 Magic parenting programmes
- art and play therapy for children
Current opening hours
We are currently offering appointments on the following days:
- Monday and Friday 12 midday to 7pm, last appointment begins at 5.30pm
- We may be able to offer emergency appointments on Saturday mornings, for which we charge an extra fee.
It’s easy to make an appointment
You can visit Finding Balance Psychology and Counselling at 57 Railway Parade, Mount Lawley WA 6050.
Call us on 0490 079 656 or email Laura your inquiry.